Oatmeal Spice Cookies
Gluten-free oatmeal spice cookies to beat all the rest.
Yes, really. And yes, with raisins.
Here, I've used steel cut oats, but I like the texture of rolled oats better. This is a more rustic look. Go wild, it's up to you.
Ingredients: 1 cup ( 2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups Cup 4 Cup gf flour blend
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 cups raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cups rolled oats - *optional: up the amount to 1 1/2 cups. (I love Silver Palate oatmeal. You can also use Quaker Old Fashioned or Quick. )
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine butter, sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. 3. Add the brown sugar and white sugar, beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. 4. Beat in eggs, one at a time. 5. Add the vanilla.
6. Add dry ingredients: Mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in medium bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture. 7. Stir in the raisins. Stir in the oats. (Nuts, optional, but I prefer not... you heard me.)
8. Scoop dough by large tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Leave at least 2 inches between each cookie.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes - Until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown. Note: cookies may seem underdone and lightly colored everywhere but the edges. That's okay, they'll firm up as they cool.
10. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Then transfer using a metal spatula, to a wire rack. Cool completely. Enjoy, and share with your favorite people. Store tightly covered.